Saturday, October 18, 2008

If you're wondering if we had a marching band marching through the halls of Downingtown West... you'd be correct.

Ah Downingtown West! Finally we have arrived! 

The administration decided to cancel the pep-rally for the Downingtown East vs West game so that we could have assemblies for GO. I mean, I understand that this is the biggest game of the year and the students need to be hyped but I am glad that they see things with a "Global Perspective." With that said, let me remind you that this is the BIGGEST game of the year (and a great game it was: D'west 21- D'east 14)  and the was still need for a pep-rally. What would you have done?

D'west decided to have a pep-rally. 

Let me set the scene. 

(Sarah and Josh are at D'east.)

Blaise is a the merch table with a few club members outside of the auditorium where Cynthia is wrecking these students lives with facts of the war. In the distance we hear some chatter, maybe a snare drum being pounded upon or locker room doors being slammed. A few football players file into the lobby ...a second later the entire space is full of football players. Like magic they split and 2 rows marching band members begin marching through. All of the action pauses as the students wait for the que. (Cynthia later tells me this is all during the scene of GO where Tye and Papito are in the hut.) 

One. Two. Ah one, two, three, four!!!

The sound of snares, bass drums, trumpets, trombones, tubas, piccolos, xylophones, cymbals, flutes, and anything else you may find in a marching band crash down the previously deserted hallways that are now packed full of rowdy students.

The football players are chanting "Beat East! Beat East!" 

Their peers join them, "Beat East! BEAT EAST!!!" 

Let me remind you that Gloria is suffering. 

The sounds come and go as they mob flows up and down hallways. 10 minutes later they are back in the lobby where me and 15 customers are shouting:
"What size do you need?"
"Small."
"We are out of small, would a medium work?"
"I said small!"
"Sorry we're out. How about this shirt?"
"I said I need a small!!!"

("ARGH!!! I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW!" is what Danny Lorigo would have said.) 

$3,200 dollars later I'm smiling at the "Roadie Party" where I stuffed my face full of humus, doritos, cucumbers, swiss cakes, and oreos. 

I liked D'west. It was a good day. 

By the way, Downingtown West is not spelled "Downington West" like it was in GO. Try explaining that to the administration. haha. Its all good. 


No comments: